Please read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow these instructions may require the test to be rescheduled.
PLEASE ALLOW ABOUT 4 HOURS FOR THIS TEST
How to prepare for the test:
- No food or drink 4 hours prior to this test. If you are a diabetic please ask your doctor about fasting and taking your diabetic medications.
- No caffeine for 12 hours prior to your test. Caffeine-Free and Decaffeinated products contain trace amounts of caffeine and must be avoided. Please avoid the
- Energy drinks
- Coffee/Decaf Coffee
- Tea/Decaf Tea
- Cola/Diet Cola/Decaf Cola
- Mountain Dew/Diet Mountain Dew/Decaf Mountain Dew
- Mellow Yellow
- Orange Cola
- Anacin/Excedrin/Any pain relievers containing caffeine
- Any food or drink containing CHOCOLATE, such as: ice cream, yogurt, pudding, baked products, candy, cocoa, chocolate syrup and chocolate milk.
- Your doctor may ask you to hold the following medication (s) __________________________ for the indicated number of doses prior to your test: #
- You should take your other medications before and after this test unless instructed otherwise.
- Wear comfortable two piece clothing.
- Bring a list of your current medications or your medications in their bottles with you.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant please discuss this with your physician prior to the test.
The following prescription medications should not be taken for 48 hours prior to your test time:
- Dipyridamole (Persantine, Dipridacot)
Breathing medications known as xanthines should not be taken for 24 hours prior to your test time. These include:
The medication Aggrenox should not be taken for 72 hours prior to your test time.
Please Note: You should not quit taking any prescription medication without specific instructions from your doctor. If you have concerns about holding a
medication, please ask your doctor prior to discontinuing the medication.